Check out my youtube video on How to Keep Christ the Center of Christmas on coffee and bible time!
What’s the reason for the season? Gifts? Santa Clause? Christmas treats? Shopping? Decorating the tree? While all these things are great none of them are the reason for the season.
Jesus is the reason for the season! His birth and coming into the world to save His people! This is the best gift of all and why we celebrate christmas in the first place! John 3:16 says it perfectly:
During the crazy holiday season it can be hard to keep Christ the center of christmas. With all the shopping, baking, and decorating to do it’s hard to keep our focus on Jesus and truly the best part of this time of year. So here are 5 tips to keep christ the center of christmas this year!
- Bible Time!! Read the christmas story in the weeks and days before christmas! The Bible is God speaking to us! So this may just be the best way to keep Christ the center of christmas. Even if you’ve read this story a hundred times- pray that God would open your heart to see it in a new miraculous way! I would also suggest to read the christmas story on christmas day!! Read it in the morning before presents! This will allow your heart to focus on Christ first thing that morning. You can find the Christmas story at the begging of Luke and Matthew.
- Realize that Gifts are only temporary, but the gift of Jesus is eternal and all we truly need! Gifts can be very distracting and can distract us from the true meaning of christmas. Don’t get me wrong- gifts are a great thing and I love them, but we can’t let them become an “idol” to us. We can’t let them take up all our time and attention. A good Bible verse to go along with this is 2 Corinthians 4:18 which says “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal”. So lets fix our eyes on Jesus this holiday season!
- Giving! God gave us the best gift of all- Jesus his one and only son! We have such a giving and generous God! He cares for us so much. We deserve nothing yet he has given us so much. He also calls us to be givers! This is the perfect season and time of year to have a generous heart. Proverbs 11:25 says “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed”. Giving is refreshing!! God blesses those who give. So the saying is true: giving is better than receiving! Giving isn’t only with gifts. It can be with your time, love, talents, serving/helping, and sharing the gospel message with others who don’t know it! Giving will surely keep Christ close during this holiday season!
- Go to church for a christmas service! Enjoy worship, fellowship, seeing the community come together, and learning more about Jesus’ birth. This will definitely help you keep Christ the center of christmas!
- Last, Pray! On christmas morning, right when you open your eyes, whisper a happy birthday prayer to Jesus. Thank God for Jesus. Spend some quiet time in prayer before the craziness of the day starts. Be thankful for all you have. Let God fill you with joy and peace this holiday season.
I truly hope this helps you keep Christ at the center of christmas this year!!
Love, Joy, and Peace,
Photo Creds to Taylor- My beautiful sister who rocks at photography:)